Kevin Hart Shuts Down Questions About Oscars Controversy: 'I'm Over It'

Kevin Hart

Instagram

When asked if there was a possibility that the Night School actor could still host the big show, he simply said "no", adding that it's just way too late to prepare.

Get push notifications with news, features and more. "There's no more conversation about it". I'm literally over that.

'I'm over that, I'm over the moment, and I'm about today, so if it's accepted, great, if it's not, it's nothing I can control. I'm not saying how I've changed anymore, I'm not saying what I've done and what the new me is, I'm not giving no more explanation of who I am.

"If you're not aware of the things you're doing or saying and you're not aware of the damage, when you are aware, it's your job to change and make sure you don't do it again", he continued.

Strahan asked how Hart would respond to the people who take issue with the way that the comedian has apologized in the weeks following his removal as host.

Hart on going over his past remarks: "I really had to dive into the whole thing, even the tweets".

Bayern agree €35m deal for World Cup victor Pavard
Bayern are now on their annual winter training camp in Doha as they prepare for the second half of the Bundesliga campaign. Bayern Munich have confirmed that France's World Cup-winning defender Benjamin Pavard will join them in July 2019.

"Now we're in a space where I'm around people of the LGBTQ community", Hart said. "I'm going to be me; I'm going to stand my ground". The Academy, they're unbelievable people, the offer was made, it was received, I was excited, things happened, it didn't work out the way that it should've. "I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past".

Recently Ellen DeGeneres fanned the flames when Hart appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to explain and defend why he chose to step down from hosting the 2019 Oscars next month, after his old homophobic jokes surfaced and he found himself reluctantly apologizing for something he felt he had already done a decade earlier. Cohen then said he was "happy" Hart had moved away from using that language himself. She also revealed that she had contacted the academy to see if it would give him another chance.

The comedian initially rejected demands to apologize, insisting he had apologized for the tweets several times before, but later said sorry again after stepping down as Oscars presenter. I shouldn't have to prove who I am. "If anybody out there wants to believe that Kevin Hart is that much of a monster that he wouldn't love somebody due to their choice in life, then all power to them", he replied.

"You're not getting no more of my energy from it", he added.

It's unclear whether the academy has someone in mind to replace Hart for the Oscars or whether the show, slated for February 24, will be broadcast without a host for the first time in 30 years.

Latest News