Argentinian submarine found in the Atlantic a year after going missing

Argentine Navy Submarine Missing For A Year Found Deep In Atlantic

Sub found after disappearing a year ago with 44 aboard

The Argentine navy tweeted an image of the point of interest on the seabed, suggesting the object might be the missing vessel and footage showed relatives of the victims grieving as they received news that the missing submarine had been found. "We would be pleased to assist with a recovery operation but at the moment are focused on completing imaging of the debris field, " he said.

During the 1976-1983 military dictatorship, some navy facilities, like the one at Mar del Plata, served as detention and torture centers, and an estimated 30,000 people disappeared. "Now we are going to search for the truth".

But a USA company Ocean Infinity, contracted by the Argentine authorities to search for the missing submarine, made discovery on Friday that they have located and positively identified the lost vessel off the Valdes Peninsula in Argentine Patagonia.

Another tweet confirmed that U.S. company Ocean Infinity, which was leading the search mission, had located the vessel.

The vessel is thought to be scattered in pieces on the ocean floor.

Families of the crew say they are determined to fight for the rescue of the submarine and those inside.

News of its discovery was met with both relief and sadness, with relatives of the crew react having gathered outside the naval base in Mar del Plata where the submarine was based to mark one year since it disappeared.

Trupti Desai to return at 9:30 pm
They also mentioned that the safety of others at the airport also had to be considered. However, Desai has asserted that she will not return unless she visits the temple.

Aguad said: "Much of what happens from here will have to be resolved by the justice department".

Navy spokesman Enrique Balbi told reporters past year that water had entered the submarine's snorkel.

The German-built diesel-electric TR-1700 class submarine dated from the mid-1980s and had been most recently refurbished in 2014.

Almost 10 days later, the navy confirmed there had been an explosion on board, which experts said was likely linked to the battery problem.

According to naval commander Gabriel Galeazzi, the submarine surfaced and reported what was described as a "short circuit" in the vessel's batteries.

Before it departed for its mission, Luis Tagliapietra, whose son Alejandro was a lieutenant on the San Juan, described it as "the last opportunity to find them".

After submarine went missing, the president promised a full investigation. A massive global search effort failed to find the vessel, and was eventually scaled back after hopes of finding the crew alive faded.

Latest News