Rapper Mac Miller died of accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine: Coroner

Mac Miller

Mac Miller Died of Accidental Overdose of Fentanyl, Cocaine, and Alcohol

The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office released its toxicology report on the rapper's death, revealing that he died from "mixed drug toxicity", specifically fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol, TMZ reported on Monday.

The publication reports a coroner categorised it as an accidental overdose.

He was found at his home in San Fernando Valley earlier this year, and was reportedly pronounced dead at the scene. During the 911 call, his assistant said that Miller was "blue".

The autopsy also revealed pulmonary edema (fluid buildup in lungs), and froth of the upper airways, as well as an abrasion on the nose with blood of the right nostril. An autopsy was performed September 10. Loose prescription pills were also found in the room.

Irish PM: Brexit is undermining N. Ireland's peace accord
Brussels would always use the prospect of a hard border in Ireland to keep the United Kingdom "forever" in its orbit, he claimed. This would avoid the EU's "backstop" solution that would have treated Northern Ireland differently from the rest of Britain.

Miller, whose full name is Malcolm James McCormick, had battled with substance abuse for years, according to several reports. Days before his death, there were reports that he had broken up with his girlfriend, the singer Ariana Grande. Fentanyl is a powerful opioid pain medication and is much stronger than heroin.

"That's why this is such a shock", the insider said of the night, People magazine reported.

More than 71,500 Americans have died of a drug overdose in 2017, according to data released the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It has taken the life of numerous stars, including Prince and Tom Petty.

Latest News