The Western-backed alliance fighting the Iranian-aligned Houthi group in Yemen said the air strikes targeted missile launchers used to attack the southern Saudi industrial city of Jizan, killing a Yemeni civilian there, a statement carried by the state news agency SPA said.
The ballistic missile was sacked from the northern Yemeni province of Amran towards the southern Saudi city of Jizan, said a coalition statement published by the official Saudi Press Agency.
The ICRC said in its tweet: "Under worldwide humanitarian law, civilians must be protected during conflict".
It accused the Houthis of using children as human shields.
An attack on a bus carrying children in rebel-held northern Yemen on Thursday left dozens of people dead or wounded, the International Committee of the Red Cross said. Most of the missiles have been intercepted by the Saudi military.
Oscars add popular film category, announce earlier 2020 date
Specific categories will be determined at a later date, but the winning moments will be edited and aired in a later broadcast. The ceremony will also be shortened in length and will take place on an earlier date, effective in 2020.
A health department spokesperson said the death toll stood at 43, with 61 wounded.
The head of the ICRC's delegation in the country later said most of the casualties were under the age of 10, adding that the organisation was sending additional supplies to hospitals in the area.
In 2014, the Houthis seized the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, and overthrew the government during a transition of power from longtime former president Ali Abdullah Saleh and the current internationally-recognised leader of Yemen, Abdrabu Mansur Hadi.
The attack has been blamed on the Saudi-led coalition waging war against Yemen's Houthi rebels.
So far, almost 10,000 people have died in the war in Yemen, which has unleashed what the United Nations describes as the world's worst humanitarian crisis.