Congo's health ministry says three more cases of Ebola have been confirmed in North Kivu province as the country faces its tenth outbreak of the deadly virus.
As in the previous epidemic, "vaccination will be an integral part of the response", said the ministry.
He said so far, 26 case with haemorrhagic fever signs, including twenty deaths in the area of North Kivu have been reported.
There are 33 additional "suspected cases" in the North Kivu outbreak that are pending lab test results to "confirm or exclude Ebola virus disease", according to WHO.
That outbreak was about 2,500 km (1,553 miles) from the current outbreak. As of Saturday, the World Health Organization had confirmed 13 of 43 suspected cases, including 33 deaths.
NESN broadcaster Jerry Remy diagnosed with cancer again
Before transitioning to broadcasting with NESN, Remy was best known as the Red Sox second baseman from 1978-85. He was treated in time to begin the 2017 season - his 30th season in the broadcast booth - on Opening Day.
A so-called cold chain, the series of measures needed to keep the vaccine well below zero in a tropical climate without reliable power supplies, will be set up in Beni this weekend, the statement said. More than 3,000 doses remain in stock in the capital Kinshasa, allowing authorities to deploy them quickly to affected areas near the Ugandan border.
The newest outbreak, confirmed by the World Health Organization on Sunday, is located in the Congo's northeastern North Kivu Province and neighboring Ituri Province.
Heavily traveled borders nearby with Uganda and Rwanda also complicate efforts to contain the disease, which is spread via contact with the bodily fluids of those infected, including the dead.
The total death toll has reached seven from 16 confirmed cases, the ministry said in a bulletin on Monday.
Nearly 1000 people who have had "contact" with the virus have been registered in health zones under surveillance, it said.