Man who TAUNTED Bison in Yellowstone National Park ARRESTED for 'harassing wildlife'

A man is seen hararrassing a bison in Yellowstone National Park on July 31

A man is seen hararrassing a bison in Yellowstone National Park on July 31

An Oregon man who was caught on video harassing a bison in Yellowstone National Park has been arrested in Glacier National Park.

Raymond Reinke, 55, of Pendleton, Oregon, was taken into custody Thursday after what appears to be a string of disturbances in national parks.

Yellowstone National Park Superintendent Dan Wenk thanked the officials at Grand Teton and Glacier for assisting in the investigation and arrest. The bison confrontation was just one of a number of alleged incidents across National parks over the course of a week.

It turns out Reinke himself told rangers of his plans to travel next to Glacier National Park.

Reinke had spent the night of July 28 in the Teton County Jail after being arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct, according to a press release. Rangers stopped his auto for a traffic violation on July 31. Rangers also noted that he was intoxicated and argumentative during that encounter. He was cited as a passenger for not wearing a seatbelt.

Yellowstone rangers received several wildlife harassment reports and issued Reinke a citation Wednesday evening before the video surfaced.

Reinke's bond was revoked per the request of the Assistant U.S. Attorney on August 2 and a warrant was issued for his arrest. The request was granted and on the night of August 2, a warrant was issued for Reinke's arrest.

The video, captured by Lindsey Jones, allegedly shows Reinke in the middle of traffic, beating on his chest and causing the bison to charge at him at one point.

Hospital superbug increasingly resistant to handwash disinfectants, study finds
They found E. faecium isolates after 2010 were 10 times more tolerant to killing by alcohol than the older isolates they tested. Hospital superbugs are becoming resistant to alcohol - which is used in handwashes as a means to control their spread.

On Thursday, Aug. 2, Yellowstone rangers working with their counterparts in Grand Teton Park were able to connect the dots in Reinke's record of criminal activity in the two parks. He was then taken to Mammoth Hot Springs and booked in the Yellowstone Jail. Two guests were reportedly arguing and creating a disturbance in the hotel dining room. That where he was arrested on a drunk and disorderly charge.

"From the park's perspective, this was absolutely egregious behavior", Morgan Warthin, Yellowstone public affairs officer, said.

Reinke's court appearance is scheduled for Friday.

The rangers were unaware of the bond conditions from the incident in Grand Teton National Park.

Reinke is seen in the video walking behind the animal screaming at it.

Reinke was transported to Helena on Thursday night and handed over to Yellowstone rangers.

"Carry/store open bottle/container containing alcoholic beverage".

Latest News