Entire Wild Boar soccer team rescued from Thailand cave

British diver Robert Charles Harper

British diver Robert Charles Harper Credit REUTERS Soe Zeya Tun

They got stuck when exploring the cave complex after soccer practice and a rainy season downpour flooded the tunnels.

They spent nine harrowing days trapped in darkness until two British divers found them, looking gaunt but otherwise offering smiles to the divers and appearing to be in remarkably good spirits.

People celebrated on Tuesday as divers evacuated some of the 12 boys and their coach trapped at Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai.

Thongchai Lertwilairatanapong, a public health inspector, said Wednesday the 12 boys and coach rescued over the three previous days "took care of themselves well in the cave". Musk tweeted: "Just returned from Cave 3".

Rescuers are racing to save four young footballers and their coach who remain trapped in a flooded Thai cave on Tuesday, as heavy rains threatened an already perilous escape mission that has seen eight of the boys evacuated.

The 12 boys and their coach lost an average of 2 kg (4.4 lb) during their 17-day ordeal but were generally in good condition and showed no signs of stress, a senior health official said on Wednesday.

It's unclear whether Thai officials will opt to use Musk's submarine to rescue the four remaining boys and their soccer coach.

BMC take team time trial stage but Froome makes gains
We've been close in the past in Tour team time trials . "It just shows that we are here, too, and let's get it on". You can never tell who is going to be on a good day or not, but all in all it worked out well for us.

Experts warned that drinking contaminated water or otherwise being exposed to bird or bat droppings in the cave could lead to risky infections.

"Early this morning Harry's father passed away here in Adelaide. after they'd all come out of the cave", said Andrew Pearce, of rescue service MedSTAR in the Australian city, where Harris, also known as Harry, is a specialist.

Then another four of the youngsters were successfully brought out of the cave, with the first rescue carried out shortly before 5pm local time, a few hours after the mission entered its second day. "I hope today we will be faster or the same speed as yesterday", Narongsak said. In addition, Scott's wife grew up with Sgt. Saman Kunan, a Thai rescuer who died July 6 when he ran out of air in the cave system, Variety reports.

The boys were taken to hospital, where they are believed to be recovering from the treacherous journey.

One fear had been that they would panic while trying to swim underwater, even with a diver escorting them. "We can't visit our boys in hospital because they need to be monitored for 48 hours", Somboon told Reuters. They will likely be kept in the hospital for a week to undergo tests, officials said on Tuesday.

The four boys rescued on Sunday are now eating normal food and walking around, while the four extracted on Monday are being given soft food.

Latest News