The Thai cave rescue

Fifth boy brought out of Thai cave on second day of rescue says official

Eight boys rescued from cave in northern Thailand

The rescue process started at 10am local time on Sunday and involved 13 global divers and five Thai navy seals, who were referred to as "an all-star team" by NarongsakOsatanakorn, who is the Governor of Chiang Rai province and head of the joint command centre coordinating the rescue. But a short period of less heavy rainfall this week made the rescue mission possible.

"Hooyah Hooyah Hooyah", the Thai Navy SEALs wrote as the photo's caption on Facebook.

Thai navy SEALs and an Australian medic who had been stationed with the boys for days, preparing them for their dive, were brought out of the cave soon after.

If medical tests show no dangers after another two days, parents will be able to enter the isolation area dressed in sterilized clothing, staying two meters (yards) away from the boys, said another public health official, Tosthep Bunthong.

"We've rescued everyone", said Narongsak Osatanakorn, the former governor of Chiang Rai province and the lead rescue official, as volunteers and journalists erupted in jubilant cheers and claps. Officials are asking people to "send your support to them".

All 12 boys and a football coach, who had been left stranded in a flooded cave in Thailand, have been rescued.

Authorities did not reveal the identity of the boys as they were brought out, one by one. The prime minister may host a banquet to thank the foreign divers. Rescuers are preparing equipment for a third rescue mission for Tuesday morning.

Rescue divers had to travel through murky waters and narrow passageways to reach the boys and their coach, who had been trapped since June 23.

Elon Musk queries expertise of Thai cave rescue officials
The rescuers have been learning from experience and were two hours faster in bringing the second batch of survivors out on Monday. The success was announced after the final batch of stranded footballers was evacuated safely to Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital.

All the rescued are expected to be taken to the hospital soon.

"I just want to give him a hug and say I missed you", she said. This now brings the total number of rescued boys to eight. When the first four were rescued, one of the first things they asked was how the tournament was going.

According to Reuters, the children - they have low body temperatures and two have lung infections -will remain quarantined in a hospital for the next week to undergo testing.

Musk congratulated the team who carried out the operation, which concluded successfully on Tuesday afternoon.

The rescue operation began Sunday and has been progressing rapidly.

President Donald Trump joined those paying tribute to the rescuers. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected".

The last three members of the "Wild boar" football team and their coach was rescued today ending a three day rescue attempt that had caught the world's attention.

Latest News