The success was announced after the final batch of stranded footballers was evacuated safely to Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital.
The first reports came in Tuesday, just as the sun began to set on the Tham Luang caves in northern Thailand: All 12 boys and their assistant soccer coach had been successfully rescued, after two weeks trapped in a flooded cave.
Divers, however, rescued the remaining boys and their 25-year-old coach without the help of Musk's submarine.
The incredible rescue has been deemed a miracle by many, but the operation wasn't without tragedy.
At a news conference Monday, former Chiang Rai governor Narongsak Osotthanakorn said the second rescue involved numerous same divers who brought the four boys out on Sunday.
Despite this, morale is high after Monday's operation sliced off two hours on Sunday's rescue operation as divers refined their routine.
Hazard to go up against adopted France of his hero Zidane
Henry is the second assistant coach to boss Roberto Martinez. "It's not the Thierry Henry show; I am here to help the squad". On Tuesday, it will be Henry versus France and Henry versus Deschamps, his former teammate for both France and Juventus.
The boys and their coach went missing on June 23 and they were located by a team of British cave divers who stumbled upon them on July 2 while they were stringing a safety rope for rescuers to follow.
"But of course, they were conscious", he said. They were immediately sent for a medical examination, but there has been no news about their condition.
Helicopters transporting the boys roared overhead.
Audiences around the world cheered the rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach from a cave in Thailand with messages of support as the saga generated suggestions of help, prayers and - finally - expressions of relief.
The rescuers have been learning from experience and were two hours faster in bringing the second batch of survivors out on Monday.
Onlookers wave as an ambulance carrying rescued schoolboys leaves a military airport in Chiang Rai, Thailand, July 10, 2018. A team of Thai and worldwide divers extracted eight of the boys Sunday and Monday using a complex system that involved laying out oxygen canisters at regular intervals to guide them out of the flooded cave. "We had imagined all sorts of catastrophic situations - equipment breaking, children panicking", he said, adding that the officials had backup options in mind in case anything falls apart.
As of press time, the first eight boys to emerge from the cave were in relatively good health but still in hospital. About 100 people were involved with the rescue efforts. Parents of the four boys rescued on Sunday were allowed to see them through a glass window at the hospital, public health officials said on Tuesday, but they will be quarantined for the time being.